On 17 Jan 2022, the Government announced changes to the Assistive Technology Fund (ATF). These changes will take effect from 14 Feb 2022 and are made to better support the needs of persons with disabilities. Find the press release here.
The Assistive Technology Fund (ATF) provides individuals with a subsidy of up to 90% of the cost of assistive technology devices, subject to a lifetime cap of $40,000.
The subsidy amount is determined according to the applicant's household gross monthly income per person.
The Fund can be used to acquire, replace, upgrade or repair assistive technology devices. These devices include wheelchairs and hearing aids.
The devices should aid in purposes of early intervention, education, training, employment, therapy, rehabilitation and/or independence in daily living.
The Fund does not support consumables.
The Fund will cover medical devices (e.g. oxygen concentrators and suction pumps) and spectacles for Singapore Citizens at or above age 60, who remain served by ATF.
Who Can Apply
Applicants will require the assistance of an Application Admin (e.g. Social Worker) and an Assessor (e.g. Therapist) from Touchpoints to assess and complete the application. Touchpoints refer to Public Hospitals and Social Service Agencies. The Touchpoint's Application Admin/Assessor will submit this application
on behalf of the applicant.
To be eligible, the applicant must meet all the following criteria:
- Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Certified to have a permanent disability of any one of the following:
- Undergone qualified assessor's assessment to determine the need and type of devices(s)
- Household gross monthly income per person of $2000 and below
Note for Singaporean Seniors:
Subject to eligibility,
(a) Singaporean seniors who have not tapped on ATF before the age of 60 will be supported by the Seniors' Mobility and Enabling Fund (SMF). Please apply to SMF.
(b) Singaporean seniors who have
tapped on ATF before the age of 60 will be supported by ATF throughout their lifetime.
How To Apply
- Please approach a Therapist or a Social Worker from Touchpoints (Public Hospitals and Social Service Agencies) to assess and assist you to submit the ATF application form.
- You will also have to complete the Means-Test Declaration Form. (Note: Applicants need not submit the Means-Test Declaration Form if they have a valid means-test results within the past two years.)
- If you are not under the care of any Public Hospitals or Social Service Agencies, you can contact us at ATF@sgenable.sg for referral.
For Registered/Unregistered Touchpoints:
The Touchpoint's Application Admin will prepare the supporting documents before submission. The list of supporting documents can be found in the application form.
Registered Touchpoints' Application Admin/Assessor may submit client’s ATF application online using your CorpPass.
Unregistered Touchpoints are encouraged to register with us. Please send an email to ATF@sgenable.sg to request for an Organisation Registration Form.
Unregistered Touchpoints may download and email the completed Application Form and supporting documents to us at: ATF@sgenable.sg.
Read More List of assistive technology touch points
Application Processing Time
Upon receipt of the completed application form and all required supporting documents, SG Enable requires up to 15 working days to process the application.
SG Enable will inform the Application Admin of the application outcome via email.
For more information about the ATF, please visit our frequently asked questions page.
Have additional enquiries? Contact SG Enable or call 1800-8585-885.